Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell - Seth Godin
Confused? Well I was too at the start.
Being a technical guy, I was stereotyped on just developing features for users that can help them solve their day to day problems but never thought on how do I let those bunch know about this feature in my product that can automate your works within seconds. Previously when we started with canUmeet, our team developed bunch of features which would actually help our users schedule their appointments in seconds and obviously we were very happy about it. Later on when we integrated analytics to canUmeet, our happiness of developing those features where somewhat 20 feet dug into the ground. We were totally astonished on NO one using those features.
Moving forward I questioned myself “Why is no one using these features?? “ Is there something wrong with code?? Later on we received a feedback from one of our esteemed customer stating- “Can we have a feature that could perform this specific task?” That day we had answers on our plate which was “NO ONE KNOWS YOU HAVE THESE FEATURES”.
Marketing basically is a technique where we BEGIN from the END. For all those who have just started developing their SaaS product, you must assess beforehand about who your targeted customer is and how are you going to let them know about product. Lets roll down through some points that would give you idea on digital marketing techniques.
No doubt you must have come across this word. Search Engine Optimization itself is as vast as Pacific Ocean and deep as Mariana Trench. As wikipedia says, Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results. In other words, it is technique of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through search engine results. Some of the tactics to use are:
- Increase the reliability of your website and make your website brisk.
- Maintain the responsive nature of your website.
- Have high quality content and get good hold on Social media.
- Switch to more secure HTTPS.
- Post contents that are related to your product.
In other words it is Paid search marketing. This is proven to be one of the most effective way to grow your business and increase traffic onto your website in this competitive marketplace. In SEM world, keyword is the foundation. Basically users bid on these keywords, depending on those your website is visible to users as ADs when they search for certain services using these keywords. These keywords when searched, helps gain visibility of your product on search engines. There are number of search programs available for users out of which most commonly used is Pay-Per-Click (PPC), where you pay for these keywords only when users clicks on your website ad. Currently, Google AdWords is the most popular paid search program used for search engine marketing. This technique of marketing can actually help you
- Convert normal visitor to paid user.
- Generate leads.
- Double the traffic on your website.
- Increase visibility.
- Increase ranking of your website.
Raise your hand if you are on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Quora, Tumblr etc.. As name suggests, it is another effective marketing technique that uses social networking website as a tool. Excellent thing about social media marketing is that it doesn’t target single user but millions and billions of users using single post of yours. Looking in depth, today 70% of your user base is result from Social media marketing and is constantly growing. There are number of strategies to use but some of the most commonly used social tactics in Social Media Marketing are
- Creating your company page on Social websites for people to visit and let them know about your product.
- Posting about your company on social dashboards to let people know what services your product offer.
- Create groups on social media where you regularly post about your company that ultimately converts your group members to users.
- Using eye catching content on your social posts.
- As social media is diverse, use multimedia contents to increase awareness of your product.
- Responding to users queries on your product using social Media that can help increase user engagement.
- Using good content and social media together.
Social marketing is all about creativity. Use your own creativity and implement endless social strategies.
Email Marketing is one of the most effective technique of digital marketing which has been used for more than decades and there is no end to it.
With the humongous spread of Internet in current century, its just a matter of time every individual on this sphere are connected by means of Electronic mail. It has become a great platform to promote your ideas to your customers just on a click of a button. Besides, some points worth noting about emails are rapid and constant communications, inexpensive, conversion, segmentation and significant outputs. The good thing about email marketing is, it’s easy to start and you can start small. This technique of marketing is almost free involving little to no risk but with unimaginable potential. So, my initial tip would be before reaching out to customers, analyze your idea innumerable times.
Here are some strategies you can use for profitable email marketing.
- Make your targets visible either by featuring them in your email or by any means through which you can gain pretty good amount of attraction. This can help you approach unachievable targets.
- As a marketing strategy, offer unique terms to your customer.
- Explain your customers about how your service is what they actually want.
- Inform your contacts about how you came to know about them, in order to make them feel more secure about you.
- Show future profits and credibility to customers through your plans.
- Show them the flexibility you are offering to your customers.
- Create a email signature as it can help boost your sales & revenue.
Trends change quickly and what works today many not work tomorrow. So, be open to change and new ideas. Perform regression testings to the marketing method you are trying to implement for your product as the future of your product depends on it. So why wait?? Implement these changes into your marketing strategy and make your customers more responsive towards your product.